Eligibility and Prerequisites
- Open to both single and married women
- Open to adult students of all ages, generally in the mid-to-late 20′s
- With few exceptions, candidates have an academic or professional degree, or the equivalent life experience
- Basic commitment to traditional Jewish observance
- The ability to read (although not necessarily understand) Hebrew
Please submit the following in order for your application to be considered:
- A completed application form, including the essay online
- Two letters of recommendation- one letter should come from a rabbi or rebbetzin (only one is required for the summer program). These letters should include the name and address of the organization they represent and a phone number for any follow-up questions
- A digital photo
- A signed letter from a licensed physician attesting that that the student is in good physical and mental health and is able to fully participate in the program. The letter will include any health-related restrictions on any activities. The original letter must be presented upon arrival to campus.
Once you have applied with all of your supporting documentation, you can expect to hear from us within 48 hours. Between zmanim and in holiday seasons, this may take up to a week. While there is no deadline for applications, there is a definite advantage to applying early.
Please stay in contact with the Midreshet Rachel v’Chaya Office to check on the status of your application and for any questions that come up; we will be happy to help out in any way possible.